Tuesday 29 October 2013

The island beneath the sea


When I think about my reading habits, I must to say that I read for placer more when I was a kid than now, now I read more for obligation and that is sad.
My favorite book is called “the portrait of Dorian Gray”; it was written by Oscar Wilde a polemic and controversial artist on his time. The story on the portrait of Dorian Gray is very exciting, I read this book many times and every time I read it I discover something new and unexpected, the story on this book make me think about all the pleasures and risks that we have on life.
During the last summer, and is not the last book that I read, I read a book written by Isabel Allende called “the island beneath the sea”. The story is about the slavery in saint domingue or now Haiti, the principal character is Zarité, a black slave for a white family; the story moves forward on the fight for liberation of slavery by rebel slaves. There are a lot of moments in the book, moments of love, of sadness, of violence and others. Is interesting how the book shows the differences between the black and the white people. Shows the differences between the exploited and the exploitive, and how the white and black cultures involve themselves one in other in the actual culture. 

I really enjoyed reading this book, it´s take me about a week and I would recommend the book for everyone who wants to have an interesting and fun moment, besides Isabel Allende is always a good experience.



2 comments: